Providing a regular donation through your pay is an easy and cost-effective method in which to help the Congress Community Development and Education Unit Ltd continue working to provide Indigenous people with social, cultural and economic opportunities.
Your ongoing donation, which is deducted automatically from your salary each pay cycle, allows the Congress Community Development and Education Unit Ltd to address the issues of education, rehabilitation and aged care through our culturally appropriate and progressive programs.
Advantages for employees
Donations made through workplace giving, are from your pre-tax salary. This reduces your salary for taxation purposes but doesn't affect the amount you are giving to the Congress Community Development and Education Unit Ltd. For example, if you give $100 per month to the Congress Community Development and Education Unit Ltd from your salary it will only cost you $68.50 per month (based on a marginal tax rate of 30% for taxable income between $25,001 and $75,000 and a Medicare Levy of 1.5%).
Advantages for employers
Companies can demonstrate their corporate social responsibility by participating in workplace giving. It is a straightforward and visible way for a company to demonstrate their commitment to Indigenous community development. For some companies that operate on Indigenous land or in close proximity to a community, workplace giving sends the right signals to your stakeholders through your promotions and ours.
Advantages for the Congress Community Development and Education Unit Ltd
Workplace giving greatly reduces our administrative costs because we only process one donation from each employer, and not to each employee making the donations. Workplace donations allow us to budget and plan our programs that enable Indigenous people to break free from the shackles of poverty.
Some of the projects that your donation could support include:
- Provide a scholarship for a remote Indigenous student to study at Shalom Christian College
- Buy books from the Black Ink Press for Indigenous primary school students
- Buy cooking and catering equipment for the Shalom Elders Village
- Buy paint and tools for residents of the Stagpole Street Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation unit who find therapy and diversion from the ravages of substance abuse through painting and constructing items for sale
How to set up workplace giving
- Ask your employer to include the Congress Community Development and Education Unit Ltd as a part of their workplace giving program
- Download and complete this form and give it to your payroll department
- Your donation (you determine the amount) is deducted from your salary each pay period.
- Your employer will provide documentation of your donations for tax purposes.
- You have the option of receiving the quarterly magazine from the Congress Community Development and Education Unit Ltd updating about our programs and the people you will be supporting.
For government information on the latest Workplace Giving Guidelines, visit the Australian Tax Office www.ato.gov.au
For more information please contact the Congress Community Development and Education Unit Ltd on (07) 4773 5077.
Get Started With Workplace Giving
To authorise regular deductions from your pay, please download and complete the form below and return to your Payroll Manager.