A detoxification/withdrawal service (approximately 5- 10 days), depending on client need. After completion of this process the client may either:
- Discharge and
- be admitted into another In-patent treatment centre
- live in the wider community (supported accommodation or in private residence)
- Move directly on to the SS DARU rehabilitation program (which has an aftercare component attached for clients of the service)
The program is in four stages:
- Stage 1 - Withdrawal Management and Crisis Management (Duration - up to 1 month)
- Stage 2 - Increasing your Motivation and Commitment (Duration - up to 8 weeks)
- Stage 3 - Taking Responsibility for your actions (Duration - up to 6 months), and actions towards goals
- Stage 4 - Moving back into Society (Reintegration and After Care)
The following levels of support are available to clients who are or about to be, or have been discharged from the service:
- Support and practical assistance in resuming independent living
- Facilitate support group for former clients (after-care groups and support)
- Encourage client return to participate in group sessions and program support.
Aftercare support is available for up to 6 -12 months post discharge.