Students attend pastoral care classes with a pastoral care teacher four afternoons a week. These classes are an opportunity for students to take part in developmentally appropriate issues based activities and to build networks within the school community.
As well as orientation camps and leadership programs, the school utilises various programs to help the students grow physically, emotionally and spiritually.
Programs and Strategies:
- Orientation Camps - To introduce new students to the college at the start of the school year.
- Student Leadership Program - To provide an opportunity to the students to develop leadership skills and take on leadership roles within the school.
- Values Education - A whole school focus on values education ensures improved outcomes for individuals, groups and society in general. This is about providing opportunities for students to explore Christian values as well as reflect upon their own personal, family and community values.
- Drug Education Strategy - An educational program to contribute to the prevention and reduction of drug and substance related harm to individuals and society.
- National Safe Schools Framework - A national framework for ensuring safe and supportive school environments. This includes teaching young people strategies for keeping them safe when using the internet, mobile phones and other information technologies. There is also a focus on creating safe and supportive environments which reduce the possibility of bullying and harassment.
- Mind Matters - A comprehensive Teenage Health Promotion package, that aims to assist in developing a healthy and resilient school community. This program supports young people's social and emotional development (how to get along with others and feel good about yourself).
- Anger Management - To reduce violent and aggressive behaviour by actively developing anger management skills. To support young people to recognise and manage their own emotions, rather than letting their emotions control their behaviour.
- Resourceful Adolescents Program - To build resilience and promote positive mental health in our students
- Kids matters - A comprehensive National health and wellbeing program for primary school aged children. Kids Matters provides ideas, strategies and support to help develop strong, healthy children.